Dogen Sangha Blog

  by Gudo NISHIJIMA

Japanese / German

Saturday, April 26, 2008

On the accomplishment of Mūlamadhyamakakārikā (MMK) in English

To all members of Dogen Sangha International and Dogen Sangha Groups,

Recently the co-translator of MMK in English[1], Ven. Brad Warner and I, have arrived at the last process of accomplishing the translation. Therefore it is necessary for us to co-operate together for accomplishing the translation mutually, and so it is necessary for me to concentrate my efforts to do such a job. So it is necessary for me to ask all members of Dogen Sangha International and Dogen Sangha Groups that I would like to stop the posting Dogen Sangha Blog for several months.

Of course I do not stop posting my answers to your questions at all, and so I would like to ask you sending your questions as before, and I will sent my answers to your questions as soon as possible.

I am very sorry that I have to stop writing my opinion in Dogen Sangha Blog for so long time, but at the same time the publication of MMK in Eglish is my obliged duty, and so it is necessry for me to beg your permission.

With best wishes Gudo Wafu Nishijima


-----------
Note from technical administrator:
[1] original text of MMK in Sanskrit: see Repositorium
of Indica et Buddhica (to download it one must have signed up for free as a registered user of Indica et Buddhica).

4 Comments:

Blogger Uku said...

Thank you very much for your answers and opinions so far, Master Nishijima. I'm sure we all understand that you have much more important task to do right now. I respect your honesty very much and I hope all the best for your work.

All the best and love,
Markus Laitinen

5:18 AM, April 27, 2008  
Blogger jaymo said...

Thank you for your answers and for letting everyone know about your work. I hope it goes well.

3:12 AM, May 02, 2008  
Blogger GUDO NISHIJIMA said...

Dear markus "uku" laitinen San,

Thank you very much for your so diligent efforts to promote the True Buddhism in the Northan contries in Europe.

I have noticed that you have been successful already to have a contact with Ven. Gustov Ericson, because he has visited me in Tokyo already, and he is a very nice Buddhist leader in the northern Europe, and so I hope you will cooperate with him to pervade the true Buddhism there.

Of course there is no problem for you to visit me in Tokyo for having talks with me, if you have such a chance actually.

With best wishes

Gudo Wafu Nishijima


Dear jay m San,

Thank you very much for your encouragement to me.

Gudo Wafu Nishijima

1:26 PM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger Uku said...

Dear master Nishijima,

thank your very much for your kind words and your huge help and efforts to help me.

I'm looking forward to cooperate with Ven. Ericsson and to do my best to promote buddhism in here.

I really hope I can meet you someday in Japan ja sit down with you.

All the best, thank you.

Yours,
Markus

6:27 PM, May 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home